For me, it’s always been about a community of food-centric individuals inspiring each other to be creative in the kitchen. And it applies even more so when it comes to leftovers.
Unless you can’t stand leftovers in the first place and just throw them out, I know that the rest of you have leftovers in the fridge and are often faced with the dilemma of what to do with them. So here’s how the Great Leftover Challenge (GLC) works.
- It’s an ongoing theme on my blog where I encourage everyone to be creative with leftover ingredients and foods.
- You can only use leftover ingredients or actual leftovers from a prior meal in combination with what you already have in your fridge, pantry or freezer — you can’t buy any ingredients ahead of time.
- Send your GLC recipe to me at firstname.lastname@example.org — it can be for any meal occasion, from sweet to savory, be creative!
- Include the following information: your first name, blog name and URL, Recipe Title and link back to your posting, 1 photo of your creation and a brief 1 – 2 line description of what you created.
- If you don’t have a blog, don’t worry — submit your leftover creation recipe with your first name, e-mail and a brief description of what you made along with 1 photo.
- Or Tweet me your recipe/link @dannys_kitchen or #GreatLeftoverChallenge
- One time each month, I’ll post all the GLC recipe submissions I receive and share them with my readers in a GLC Roundup.
These creations could one day turn into classics. You just never know.
So I hope that you all participate sometime soon and may the spirit of the Great Leftover Challenge continue! 🙂